If you want to convert prospects into paying customers, the first order of business is to find a good way to communicate with them. With a reliable communication channel, you can start to build a relationship in which your target customers know, like, and trust you. That ‘know, like, trust’ equation is the basis of all repeat sales. It’s also extremely difficult to build unless you can communicate regularly.
What’s the best way to communicate with your prospective customers? Email. It may sound outdated, but for most demographic groups, email is still a primary form of communication which people check daily. Once you have someone’s email address, you have a direct channel for building a relationship. The best part is that you have control over that channel.
While people have the option of opening your email or not, there’s no third-party company who can randomly take away your contact list. There’s no social media company who decides whether people see your message or not. And there’s no search engine that calculates whether to show your information or not.
But how do you obtain those email addresses in the first place? One of the best ways is to create a ‘lead magnet’ that’s so irresistible that your target audience will be eager to provide their email address.
By the time you complete this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain what a lead magnet is and why they are important so that you know what you’re aiming for when you create your own.
- Identify the goal for your lead magnet so that you can generate targeted leads who are hungry for your products and services.
- Define the target market for your lead magnet so that you can create products and services that truly resonate with them.
- Identify a topic for your lead magnet based on your customers’ pain points so that you can help them solve their problem.
- Decide on the best format for your lead magnet based on your customer’s preferences so that you can maximize its effectiveness.
- Create your ideal lead magnet by drafting an action plan so that you can ensure it meets all the key criteria and is finished on time.
- Draft the content of your web form and opt-in page so that it encourages your audience to sign up to receive your offer.
- Identify how you will deliver your lead magnet so that it is simple and immediate.
- Outline your follow up emails so that you can start to build relationships and market your paid products and services in the future.
- Select ways to promote your lead magnet so that you can reach your target audience and get them to sign up.
- Evaluate the results and assess the effectiveness of your lead magnet so that you can gather feedback and make changes if necessary.
- Consolidate and implement your learning and plan future action steps, so that you can achieve the goals you set for this course and develop further
This course is broken down into 12 modules to take you step-by-step through planning, creating, and marketing your ideal lead magnet.
The modules follow a logical order, so while you can skip around if you want, it’s best to work through them one at a time.
As you go through each module, use your Action Guide to help you complete the Action Steps at the end of each.
Before we start the course, take a minute to think about what you want to get out of it.
In the Action Guide, write down three skills you expect to gain.
Now that you’re clear about what you want this course to deliver, we can get started.